Current Procedures at our Library
We have introduced new guidelines for safety procedures at our library. These are based on the recommendations given by Surrey Libraries, with some modifications for our local requirements in order to maintain a safe, COVID-secure environment for our volunteers and customers.
Here is a summary of the procedures in place at Stoneleigh Community Library
- We ask that all adult visitors wear face coverings in the library. We will have disposable face masks available to offer customers who turn up without;
- We will continue to keep hand sanitiser at the front door and inside the library and ask our customers to apply it when they enter;
- We will continue to keep the front door open during good weather, to encourage ventilation, and the volunteers will continue to clean touch-points regularly;
- We will continue to maintain social distancing, as far as possible, by keeping to a maximum number of 30 people in the main library at any time (this will include adults, children and volunteers). Customers may be asked to move or to wait outside if any areas within the library become too congested.
- The drop box located at the side of the library building is available for book returns when we're closed. Please note: books placed in the drop box are processed on the next working day, therefore overdue charges may occur.
We hope to see you soon!
More information from Surrey Libraries
Find more information on library changes due to coronavirus at the Surrey Country Council Libraries website.