WELCOME BACK TO BROWSING IN OUR LIBRARY
We’d like to thank our many customers for their patience while our services have been limited.
Customers wishing to come in and choose their books from the shelves and displays can now do so, during our reduced opening hours.
The Surrey County Council Ready Reads service will continue.
Online reservations are available (click HERE for more information); your reserved books can be collected from the service desk.
The drop-off crate for returned books will remain near to the library entrance.
The numbers of people in the library will be restricted, so please be prepared to queue outside if necessary – and please limit your visit to around 15 minutes if others are waiting to come in.
Please remember to:
• Observe social distancing while in the library, and to wear a face-covering;
• Use the hand sanitisers, at the entrance when you come in, and by the kiosk when you are borrowing books;
• Bring your library card, or your phone if you use the library app.
As part of our efforts to keep customers safe in the library, we ask you to:
• Try and keep handling books to a minimum;
• Use our drop off crate for returned books whenever possible – this is available during opening hours.
(Please note: when we’re closed alternative facilities can be found at Ewell (Bourne Hall) or Epsom libraries);
• Note that toilet facilities, newspapers, public computers and activity sessions (eg Rhymetime) are not yet available in our library.
We hope to see you soon!
LIMITED OPENING HOURS
Our current opening hours are:
SERVICES THAT ARE PAUSED
As things progress, we hope to reintroduce more services but for the time being, the following are unavailable at Stoneleigh Library:
- Public Computers
- Printing & Photocopying
- Newspapers and magazines
- Use of study spaces, seating areas and the community room
- Rhymetimes /Storytimes and Children’s Activities (These will be accessible on YouTube and Facebook)
- Face to face events and meetings
- Room hire and groups at the library
- Second-hand book donations and sales
- Sales of other items such as greeting cards, glasses, children’s activity and sticker books
- Leaflets and Information Packs
KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE
We’re really concerned that we keep everyone safe so we ask you to
- Not come if you have any coronavirus symptoms
- Wear a face mask (unless you are exempt) and respect social distancing when interacting with our volunteers
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Understand why we can only allow a limited number of customers in the library at any one time
- Be patient and prepared for the weather as you may need to wait outside
MORE INFORMATION FROM SURREY LIBRARIES
Please click HERE for more information on the Surrey County Council Libraries Website.